BS3 Space Trail
The BS3 Space Trail is a celebration of the green spaces in BS3 and all that’s great about our fantastic community. Launchpad, and us as one of their partners, want to encourage everyone to walk, cycle and scooter around our local area and share in some fantastic space themed art. Watch the intro video.
The launch event takes place on 29th May and the trail runs until 5th June, 2021.
During that week we will be celebrating our fantastic green spaces and together we will create an outdoor art gallery for people to enjoy.
We’re inviting residents, schools and businesses of BS3 to get creative:
- FREE craft packs – we’re giving away 100 free craft packs. Each pack contains everything you need to make a model flying saucer complete with its own pom-pom alien! Once you’ve made your flying saucer please hang it in your window or front garden and then log it on the online map so everyone knows where to look to spot your great space art! You can sign up here (https://payhip.com/launchpadclasses) for your free craft pack.
- FREE wooden stars – you can also get hold of a free wooden star to decorate. You can decorate these in whichever way you choose. You could draw an alien, paint a spaceship or print some beautiful patterns. Get creative and let your imagination run wild! Maybe you could write a message on the back of your star – it could be a special memory about a loved one, a message to somebody that has done something brilliant for our community or something that you love about BS3! Once your star is finished hang it up in one of the green spaces on the trail. See if you can spot other people’s stars whilst you’re out and about! You can sign up here (https://payhip.com/launchpadclasses) for your free wooden star.
- It doesn’t stop with wooden stars and spaceship crafts though! We would love for everyone to get involved with creating a community art gallery. You could keep it simple and colour in a space themed picture and display it in your window or you could push the boat out and decorate your windows with a space theme, build an alien sculpture in your front garden or make a fleet of UFOs to hang from your front gate…let your imagination run wild!
- Once you’ve decided on your space themed art you can log it on the online map so that everyone knows where to go to spot your creation! We want to celebrate all that’s great about our community and add a bit of fun and sparkle back into life! Please follow this link to log your home, business or school – https://payhip.com/launchpadclasses
- Walk, scoot or cycle the routes that will be marked on the pavements with space themed stencils. There will be three different routes to follow. Together these link up Dame Emily Park, Greville Smyth Park and South Street Park. The routes also take in some smaller green spaces that you may not have explored before now.
- You will also be able to log onto an online map and go exploring the streets of BS3 to find the space themed art that has been created by our community.
- We want to celebrate all that’s great about BS3. We also want to put a little sparkle and fun back into life!
- You can get involved in so many ways. Maybe you could arrange a litter pick on your street or tidy up a space in your neighbourhood that’s looking a bit scruffy. You could volunteer to help out at your local park or simply offer to bring the bins in for an elderly neighbour. We want to spread a little kindness and make BS3 an even better place to live, work and play!
Get sharing! We want to see what you’re up to! Please share pictures of your space themed artwork and photos of you, your friends and family enjoying the trails via our Facebook and Instagram pages using #bs3spacetrail
So… get creative, get active and get involved! Let’s celebrate BS3!
Thanks to Bristol City Council for funding this exciting project.